Information collected and usage
We may collect the following information:
- Your user name along with your password;
- Your name;
- Your address;
- Your telephone number;
- Your e-mail address or other contact formation;
- Your date of birth;
- Your gender;
- Information regarding your transactions on the Website, (including sales or purchase history);
- Your financial information such as bank account information or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details including one-time password;
- Internet protocol address;
- Any other Information that you provide during your registration process, if any, on the Website; or
- Identification code of your communication device which you use to access the Website or otherwise deal with Company
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests:
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers:
Such Personal Information may be collected in various ways including during the course of you availing certain services offered on the Website. Such instances include but are not limited to making an online purchase, participating in any online survey or contest, communicating with Company’s customer service by phone, email, social media or otherwise or posting user reviews on the items available on the Website.
Company may also collect information other than Personal Information from you through the Website when you visit and / or use the Website. Such information may be stored in server logs. This Non-Personal Information would not assist Company to identify you personally. This Non-Personal Information may include:
- Your geographic location;
- details of your telecom service provider or internet service provider;
- The type of browser (internet explorer, firefox, opera, google chrome etc.);
- the operating system of your system, device and the Website you last visited before visiting the Website;
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Personal information and third-parties
You represent that the Personal Information you provide to us from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and that you have all the rights, permissions and consents to provide such information. Your providing the data/ information and the Company’s consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third-party agreement, laws, judgments, orders or decrees.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your Personal Information when required to do so by law or regulations, or under any legal obligation or order under law or in response to a request from a law enforcement or governmental agency or judicial, quasi-judicial or any other statutory or constitutional authority or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Security of information collected
The security of your Information is very important to the Company. We use reasonable security measures, at the minimum those mandated under the applicable laws, to safeguard and protect your Information. You accept the inherent security implications of providing privacy to your Information shared with us and you will not hold us responsible for any breach of security or the disclosure of Information unless we have been grossly and wilfully negligent.
We may enter into agreement with third parties (in or outside of India) to store your Information. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and we will on commercial reasonable basis require such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information / data.
In the event of any breach of your Personal Information, the Company will, without unreasonable delay, notify you of it by email or fax and take appropriate measures in compliance with the provisions of applicable laws.
You can review, modify, add, correct or update your Personal Information on a regular basis. When you update information, the Company will keep a copy of the prior version for its records. However, we are not responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Information provided by you.
You agree and acknowledge that certain data or information cannot be corrected or deleted or is prohibited to be deleted as required under any applicable law, law enforcement requests or under any judicial proceedings. In respect to such data or information, the aforementioned rights will not be available.
The Company may, if you prefer, send direct advertisement mailers to you at the address given by you. You have the option to opt-out of this direct mailer by clicking at the unsubscribed link option attached to e-mail.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Although the Company provides full security and secrecy to your Personal Information, we urge you to be careful with sharing of your Personal Information with any third party claiming to be related to the Company on separate emails/phone calls etc. The Company disclaims any and all liabilities towards any such claims that have arisen due to your own negligence or wilful misconduct and the Company takes no responsibility of the same.
- Is clear and easily accessible and provide statements of Company’s policies and practices with respective to the Information;
- Provides for the various types of personal or sensitive personal data of information to be collected;
- Provides for the purposes of collection and usage of the Information;
- Provides for disclosure of Information; and
- Provides for reasonable security practices and procedures.